Monday, June 22, 2009

Coon Island to Scappoose Moorage

20 June 2009 Saturday


I depart Coon island, after I say good by to my newly found friends on board their Bayliner 26 at 0905 hrs. I slowly head up river savoring my morning, my day, and my trip. It has been really a delightful time, all unplanned and all serendipitous. This is the way I like it and the way I live my life. More and more I am in the moment and aware of divine intervention. Guardian angels appear to assist me when I need help and stand by when I don't.

I bypass the marina and decide to head up to Rocky Pointe to refuel. The fuel price has gone up $.29/gal since last week but still a deal at $ 2.79. I enjoy looking at all the floating homes, boats and even spot a Pacific Seacraft 25, which Jean and I owned in Hawaii. This completes my circumnavigation of Sauvie Island.

It is 1100 hrs when I pull into my slip. I unload Shatoosh, grab my supply list and head up the dock when the thunderous rains dampen my efforts to get up the ramp and out to the car. Like an orphaned child my carry-on waits at the end of the dock for the rain to stop. None of us really want to leave, so I hang out and talk with some dockers cleaning their boats and putting for sale signs on them.



Day's run:8nm

Total: 118nm