Sunday, June 16, 2013

Conover Cove to Winter Cove, Saturna Island

13 June 2013 Thursday
We love Conover Cove and Wallace Island so much Joyce and I take off after breakfast and hike to the next Cove which is Princess where larger boats tie up as it is deeper. I have been having trouble with my knee so grab some sticks for balance which works good and I can stride out some. The hike is about 3/8 of a mile each way and only a few up and down hills. There are some boats anchored with stern ties to shore rings.





















Scottish flag
                                                                         





















We depart Conover at 1120 hrs with flat seas, blue skies and ebbing tide. It can't get any better, so I talk Joyce into taking a time out from the helm. She goes into Pashmina for some photo opps.
















Summer at Last.
She stays 3nm at 7.6 k























At 1340 hrs we cruise thru Horton Bay at Curlew Island and Irish Bay, but decide we like Winter Cove on Saturna best. We anchor easily at 1430 hrs. I clean the waterline and hull of some ugly spots. Later we take Pashmina for a ride to shore to see the Point and the Georgia Strait. I fall getting back to the beach and take a hit to my right hip and buttock area. The broken off limb stubs of a fallen fir tree bites me good, drawing blood. Thanks to Reiki, Essential Oils, and Wobe-N I am tender with minor bruising/swelling the next day.
Shatoosh in distance






















Whirlpools at Samuel Island and Saturna Island Passage

















An exceptional Reader Board
Looking like Madrona Trees












































Days run 19nm
Total 242nm