Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unwanted and Dis-respectable Comments

I noticed last night someone had posted a very derogatory comment on one of my postings and signed it "anonymous". While I have taken action to delete the comment, it continues to show up on Google Search( with snippets of the comment), for which I am not happy. I have learned this morning that Google will not remove defaming content about a person without a court order.

In an effort to prevent this from happening again, I have learned that even anonymous comments can not be isolated out and blocked. While I like to keep the blog accessible for all to read and enjoy,  My other option is to eliminate comments, all together, or to moderate them. There are few comments made on my blog, as many people would rather email me, so I have taken the liberty to hide the comment section and if you would like to let me know something, please email directly. My email address is always located on the right sidebar.

P.S. The derogatory comment was not made to me, but rather to someone else. I, sincerely am sorry, that this event has taken place and that someone took the liberty to use my blog to viciously attack another person, who I have casually met on the waterways. By removing the comment section I will be protecting all the people I meet and enjoy in my travels and another random attack on my Blog Readers or Blog Participants will not be possible. This is my 4th year writing this blog and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I always make sure not to post anything about people without their consent and there are people who insist that their story or adventure is not mentioned and I always honor their requests.