Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jarrell's Cove with Fox's Secret

Last night the winds came funneling through our quiet little niche at McMicken Island. I had already picked up a buoy and Fox's Secret grabbed one after dinner. We had a nice sunset, then the winds returned, along with thunder until about 0200 hrs.








After breakfast we took off for Jarrell's Cove so Patty and Jim could see it. They are cruising the South Sound for the first time.  I swing by to take a photo of Jim's standoff pole to keep the boat from bumping the buoy and vice versa. Clever, Jim. You should patent the idea and fill your cruising kitty.
Jim's Buoy Standoff Pole

















Off we go:


















We meet Shearwater and her owners, Jan and Kathi at the dock. Wow, look at this beauty. Her dinghy lift, catches my eye, so between all of us we have Pashmina on the hardtop roof and are configuring a nice, removable lift  for when I have to cross some wide Straits going north to British Columbia.

Check out
classicyacht.org/shearwater
make sure you look at their photo gallery and take a look at all the other Classic Yachts in the North West..
























Jim has all the makings in his shop on Orcas and will construct it for me. Next summer prior to going north, I will stop by Orcas for installation. Having this possibility happen relieves me for Strait crossings. He will also fabricate a flip up table for the galley and some slats for another chart/book holder at the helm station. Gosh Jim, you are something. I am thanking him in advance. Between Too Tall giving me an early Christmas with his left over boating things, now I am 2 Christmas' ahead. How magical is all this. I must be over-rubbing my good luck stone. The generosity of open hearts is divine nectar, and in turn, I am throwing in 330 feet of leaded, poly line for Fox's Secret's crab pots.

Patty cooks up another great meal and then serenades us on her ukulele in the warmth of their salon. She starts our concert with Hawaiian music--Iz's rendition of Over the Rainbow and ends it with Etta James' At Last.

The Fox's Secret is certainly her 2 very talented owners.

























Iz singing Over the Rainbow

Beyonce singing At Last

The next day, while tied to the dock, Jim wanted to put on new footage labels on his anchor rode, so Jan and I helped him, while Patty was busy carrying water down from the upper park area. I took off to return home and Fox's Secret headed back to their newly discovered  favorite island in the South Sound, McMicken. Island. I love the solitude of being alone on my favorite island, but relish in sharing her beautiful and wonderful gifts with new and old friends. McMicken is my Treasure Island.