Saturday, August 20, 2011

19 August 2011 Gig Harbor to Tacoma's Foss Marina

What a difference a day makes. By the time this photo was taken much of the low lying fog had lifted and it wasn't too much longer that we were back in clear blue skies.

We pass a tug and long log boom in Commencement Bay. The depths in the Bay are over 800 ft.










Ann tells me this very unique building is Stadium High School. I have noticed it before high on the hill and is very British/Scottish looking. It does look like the Craigdarrach Castle in Victoria that is part of my ancestors history.

We have had a lovely 2 day trip learning about the Salish Indians and Lt Peter Puget. I found the book in Gig Harbor that I have been looking for about his exploration into the south sound. I hope to replicate his week long journey and share more details of his exploration.

Total Run: 44 nm.