Thursday, September 29, 2011

Upgrades and Downgrades

Yesterday before I returned to Shatoosh I stopped by the Verizon store and upgraded my netbook to G4 status. This morning I am uploading photos with lightening speeds never before seen by this blogger. Hurray, hurray. I drive down to Zittel's Marina and unload all the clean linens, clothes and paper products. I happily set up my netbook to update my blog.

No cell phone or broadband coverage in the slip. I move throughout the marina after talking with staff and live aboards. Coverage is spotty to say the least and I am told internet is possible at high tide. I move over towards the haulout lift area and a phone call comes in and disappears just as a sea gull poops all over me. My newly introduced friends ask did you get it( meaning the call) and I reply, Yes, I got it, but it was a message from a sea gull and not the phone. I stand there covered in bird shit. This is not how I thought my day would go. Instead of spending the night, I return home and undress in front of the washing machine.