Sunday, May 16, 2010

Coon Island Cruise-In Ends


Sunday 16 May 2010:

Boots and Patti depart early and in all the casting off I failed to tell Boots how much I enjoyed our visit. It was wonderful getting to have this chance to talk and be with you both. I'll be watching for you on the river. Let me know if when you are going to sell that little outboard.







A magnificent potluck brunch
This looks like an interesting boat. Right up my alley.
It turns out the acting captain is Ellen,(middle) the lady, who took some lessons last week in order for her to bring their boat down to the cruise-in. Crew members are Teresa(on the left) and Leslie(on the right). I really enjoyed them and spent quite a bit of time with them. Just delightful.Thank you for taking me in.I certainy hope to get to see them again. Teresa crewed on a catamaran from the Canary islands to St. Lucia. See her interesting blog: http://atlandea.blogspot.com/. Leslie and her husband own a Bayliner 38 in Washington and is the same boat that Ellen and her husband own.



I'm back in my slip with my cruise-in lei and pirate's booty beads draped over my Hawaiian photos. This was when my family/friends were racing from Molokaii to Honolulu on the Duke Kahanamoku, a downeast 42. The photo was taken by Phil Uhl and graced the cover of Cruising World Magazine in 1979. The bottom photo was of Sabra, my Swan 36 anchored in Hanalei Bay, Kauai.
This has turned out to be an amazing weekend and totally unexpected. What a wonderful group of ladies.
I was asked by a member of the Oregon Women's Sailing Association to give a talk to their group. They have over 200 members. This is something to consider....