Monday, October 5, 2009

West Sound Marina and Albins


I went back to Harmony and left a note in the cabin for the new owner. Perhaps I will hear from him before I depart the island. Next I go to West Sound Marina as I know of another Albin there. It is Midgard, once owned by Leslie. I made a trip with her to Rolf's Cove on Matia Island, which is north of Orcas, several years ago. It is a basic old design. I know the current owners are members of the Albineers. I'll have to write them when I return. I can't recall their last names.
As I look at all the Albins I can see how good Shatoosh has been maintained. It is also clear how helpful it is to keep your boat in a covered slip or boat house. Shatoosh has been under cover since 2000 and it really pays off. My friend Jo lives in Hawaii but has her Albin over in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. Maybe I will go over tomorrow on the ferry and check her out.