Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Working and Cruising Week May 2009

20 May 2009, Wednesday:



I get to Shatoosh after lunch and see 2 boats tied up behind me from the next dock. They are installing the finger piers to the docks. It is interesting to see how they put them together. Guys up on ladders welding the frame work through the roof down to the piers. Lots of work involved for sure.











I have lots to do myself so begin right a way:

1. clean the fresh water tank and refill.

2. wash the boat.

3. vacuum every locker, every segment of bildge and all the cushions and curtains

4. clean and get rid of unnecessary items from dock locker

5. make inventories of spare volvo parts and make lists of needed purchases.

6. make inventories of supplies on hand and needed ones.

7. make up bunks with clean sheets, towels and pillow cases.

8. clean the canvas around the the aft window to get rid of dirt and mildew

9. install new wiper blade.

10. install gps back up batteries/ new D batteries for flashlight/ check battery for depth sounder

11. clean galley, stove and head.

12. clean all windows in and outside.

13. oil teak inside.

14. Have Fun


About 1600 hrs the workers finish and put the boats back in the new slips. This is good, so if I get lots done maybe I can head out sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I go into town for dinner at Ichibods which is the local family restaurant and have a nice meal.
Remember to double click the photos to enlarge them.
Also, I went off and left my log onboard, so I didn't put in mileages or times.