Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A New Look

Recently I have been getting some emails from my faithful blog readers, wondering why I haven't been blogging. They are concerned, "are you alright", "we miss hearing about Shatoosh". Everyone is sweet to check in with me. I have been traveling, weathering out the Northwest storms and getting ready for my Christmas trip to Texas.

I showed my blog to some friends for the first time and they wanted to see big pictures of Shatoosh and Pashmina. So tonight I am reformatting my main page, deleting some old photos and adding some new ones. After 3 years, its time for some changes. I hope you like them. The beautiful photos of Shatoosh underway were taken by Russ Matta of Vancouver, Wa. They are my favorite photographs.

I continue to tweek my 2011 cruise plans of going up the Washington coast and bringing Shatoosh to the Puget Sound closer to my home. Today I emailed Warrenton Boatyard to schedule a haulout in June to install my swim platform, power wash & paint the bottom and check out my zincs. Emailed Joyce who is sunning herself on some fancy Maui beach and confirmed her committment to crew for me. I continue to study charts, map routes, make to-do lists and pray for wonderful weather in June.

I am wishing all my blog readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. When I see the stats on the blog and know that there is a growing number of readers from all over the world it makes me happy to continue exploring and blogging. This little Albin boat is touching the hearts and minds of many people and for this, I am most grateful.