Monday, July 13, 2009

The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftain

13 July 2009: Monday
My friend and crew member Ann and I have booked passage on the the tall ships in September. The cruise will go from Port Townsend WA to Aberdeen WA(the ship's home port) from 15-17 September 2009 and be about 55 hours long. We will proceed out the Straits of Juan de Fuca and down the Washington coast to Gray's Harbor and dock at the home port of the ships. We will not know which ship we will be traveling on until we are assigned by the crew. I do not care which one I board as it will be a wonderful opportunity. Everyone will be sleeping in a large cabin in an assigned bunk. Snoring, I'm told, is tolerated by all due to the fatigue of our hard working efforts on board. We can do as much or as little as we wish. I, of course will go for it.
Today, I was looking at their blog and they are using the same template as I do on my blog. You can visit the blog by going to their website and click on the blog on the home page. The website is listed in the links at the bottom of this page. Daily blogs are written, which means you will be able to follow our cruise as well, and hopefully I will be able to blog along with the boat as long as I have a verizon signal.
Both ships are over 100 ft in length. The Lady Washington is a 20 year old replica of the original ship who plied the waters off the east coast in 1750's and was the first American ship to come to the western waters and also to the Hawaiian Islands. She was built in Gray's Harbor, WA. The Hawaiian Chieftain was built in modern times out of steel in Lahina, Maui, Hawaii.
Anyone who is interested in joining us, please do. The more the merrier. You can book passage online or by telephone. 800-200-5239