Monday, August 17, 2009

More Blubber and Boats


There simply isn't anything more fun than messing with or looking at boats. I forget who said that, but its true. I never get tired of seeing all the interesting designs. Let see more blubber first and then the boats.

They are all over the docks so if you are docked there it might be hazardous to come and go. Some people don't stay there for that reason but others don't because the noise goes on day and night. I had noticed a small girl and her dad get off a Cal 20. On their way back to the boat the dock was full of sea lions. I asked the girl, "how do you get back to your boat, it all blocked"? She smartly replied, " oh, I just tell them to move." I watched as she shooed them off. They all politely scampered off into the water.







This golden hind was for sale. A very old, British design.



A couple of oldies which need a lot of work.

















Looking from the aft cabin forward all the way through to the fore cabin. What a mess. The piles keep getting higher, but progress in in the making. The main cabin is done and I am slowly putting everything back after washing and drying each object. I am eliminating some things and will get rid of them, take them home or sell at the Marine Exchange.

I started painting the aft cabin after it took me 3 hours to prep. I finished the forward hatch cover. Then I ran out of paint, so headed back to Portland to get more, but they didn't have any more. So I ended up getting another brand which has even less cream than the other. Oh well, the aft cabin could use some lighting up in there. It will be fine. Bye, Bye Grey!