Saturday, August 15, 2009

Do Opposites Attract?

Many years ago I invisioned myself owning a green hulled Fisher 30 Pilothouse Cruiser named Stillwater. Much to my surprise a maroon hulled Fisher 30 named Stormy started showing up on the for sale ads in Latitude 48. After several months of reading the ad and dreaming about living aboard & cruising British Columbia, I made contact with the owners and drove myself over to Astoria today to take a look. I had said, "the only boat to get me back into sailing would be a Fisher".

I was glad I went, and discovered that the boat design is not as large as I thought and would be able to singlehand her. I was disappointed that the cabin and forepeak were small. This particular vessel had a great diesel stove and oven which would keep the cabin nice and cozy.

Again it is always amazing to me that Shatoosh or I should say the Albin is really a spacious boat for her size. With my tri-cabin arrangement I have a very easy to handle boat. I'm not ready to give her up yet. So tomorrow I better get back to painting the ole girl.

There were many interesting boats to look at. I'll show you some tomorrow.