Thursday, August 20, 2009

For Sale

These are items that I am planning to take to the Marine Exchange:

  1. Teak medicine chest/wall hanging/with mirror
  2. 2 RCA stereo speakers
  3. Navigational chart light with red light/ gooseneck
  4. Cabin top rotating search light
  5. Possibly will take; danforth style anchor with 18 feet chain and 154 ft of braided rode.
  6. Any takers? Let me know in the next few weeks. Prices negotiable.

Did some touch up painting on a few spots, went to the grocery store, washed Shatoosh, sorted out the cockpit starboard locker and headed out the marina at 1430 hrs. Tonight I am in Martin Slough, my tummy full of asparagus and salmon, and I am getting very sleepy. It is only 2000 hrs and I feel I could go to bed. I had considered staying in St Helens to listen to the free concert and have some yummies from the food court, but the winds were blowing, the seas rough and the whole marina was full of bow pickers from Astoria. Bow pickers are a type of fishing boats that use nets to catch salmon. I guess they have been permission to fish these waters this year.

After passing Columbia City and approaching Goat Island the winds and seas quieted down some. I was tied up to the dock at 1745. Another boat was docked and they had launched their small Bayliner in Kalama and are cruising this week, heading down river as well. I plan to head over to Walker Island and spend a couple of days. Hopefully, I can have some Pashmina time in calm waters. I'll have the ebbing tide with me all morning and part of the afternoon. Should be a sweet run with some fun in the sun.

Shatoosh really looks good, all clean and painted. I am delighted with all the work I have been able to do this summer. It is such a delight when one is able to focus, with tender loving care, to bring new life into an old boat. The more I take care of her the safer the boat will be for me and others. It is an honor and a privilege to be her caretaker.