Saturday, July 18, 2009

Preparation For Another Trip 18 July 2009
















My little luggage carrier has served me well over all these hauling years, but there is one troubling characteristic that is disconcerting to me. As I amble up and down the ramp and docks the ice chest tends to slide off the metal frame, especially when I am going over grating or gaps in the docking. This morning I built a platform for the ice chest and screwed it into the frame. Tomorrow I will head south to Shatoosh and see how my new carrier works.

Linda, my newest crew will join me in the evening as she is returning from a Cat Show on the Oregon Coast. She is promoting her new book about her late cat, Regal.(see her website listed below-catacumen.com) She travels in her RV so we can have some time to visit Sunday evening and Monday morning. She just returned from a camping trip where she got a taste of the Snake River below Little Monument Dam. Now, she is really eager to devise a plan where several of us can camp and cruise together as we explore the upper Columbia and Snake River systems. I've been up for it for years so maybe next summer we can pull it off. All I need is one more person to commit.
Any Takers?