Monday, July 20, 2009

Back To Brightwork In The Cockpit

20 July 2009 Monday:

Linda joined me last evening and we had a nice visit. She spent the night in her rv out in the marina parking lot. This morning she joined me for coffee and again we had a nice long visit.








Afterwards I removed all the items that were on the cockpit bulkhead and sanded down all the old stained wood. One coat of cetol on everything, including Jean's magazine rack off of Namaste, her Gulf 32 pilothouse sloop. Then back to the cabin doors adding the final coat of glossy. I do not think that anything has been done to any cockpit wood for the life of the boat. It looked very tired and old. Now, Shatoosh will have a snap in her appearance.
While waiting for cetol to dry, I start up on my next plan of action: extend the length of my oars. While this seems like a simple idea, it may not be as easy as I thought. The aluminum tubing is an odd diameter, making it difficult to find. Perhaps a trip into Portland marine stores tomorrow might shed some light on a solution.
Today would be my Mother's 96th birthday if she were still living. My grandmother came to me in a dream last night and she was being taken to visit a holy site of Bhagavan Nityananda. An enlightened being who is part of my Siddha lineage of Meditation Masters. I have enormous repect for my maternal lineage, as it is over 40,000 years old. Jean and I descend from the Clan Mother Ursula, who lived in the caves near Parnasus in what is now Greece. It is the oldest clan in Europe. I have spent time today thanking my maternal ancestors for paving the way so that I could evolve into the great being that I am today. Thank you Marjorie, Gilmour, Georga, Ann and Mrs. Robbins( my deepest known mitochondrial link). I do not know her first name but her essence is critical in my creation.