Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scappoose Moorage

9 June 2009: Tuesday- Scappoose Moorage

Before I depart for Portland again, I put another coat of cetol on the aft rails and cleats. I’m heading into Portland as the store is closed on Monday. It is the marine exchange and run by a woman who is most knowledgeable about LED lights. Larry told me about her last year when we were docked in Martin Slough. Thanks to my GPS in my cell phone I find the place and get the skinny on the LED cabin lights.
She orders me 2 and they will be in next week.

I get back to Scappoose and get me some medicine for my eyes/allergies. I put on another coat of cetol. Late afternoon I rebolt the cleats through the deck. Well, I have to say the outside teak is looking really sharp. My repair on my fiberglass did not turn out so good, and cosmetically looks terrible in spite of sanding it. However, it is repaired, and that is the important thing.


This evening I have been figuring out where I might like to cruise and am considering going up river to Rooster Rock. With the high water I will be able to make it into the little docks they have there. It is a sweet place and last time I was there I noticed a little creek feeding into lagoon which might be fun to explore in Pashmina. On the way there is a cove that several people have told me about that I might investigate as a possible anchorage. It looks very protected and inviting. It is well worth poking our bow in and taking a look.


I’m pleased with the work that I got done….this is the longest I have stayed onboard in the marina. I usually am too excited to get on the water. I’m looking forward to another beautiful day.