Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Run From Coon Island to Scappoose Moorage

20 Sept 2008 Saturday

I depart at 0900 with cloudy skies. The late night partiers are just rising and milling on the dock.
The multnomah channel is still, a few great blue herons are flying and high in the sky there are clusters of sandhill cranes. The ride home is a short 3 nm. I pass the Kaizen as she is tied up, Victoria sees me and steps out of the pilothouse to wave me home, just as I had done to them on their return from Alaska. I dock Shatoosh easily. Check the engine and no fuel filter leak. Hurray its finally fixed. I unload all the supplies and put them on my travel cart and slowly walk down the dock and begin the long climb up the ramp. I really don't want to go home. I love being on Shatoosh and exploring. It has been a wonderful trip. Now I must get ready to travel to Denver for the birth of my 2nd grand niece/nephew.

My log shows I traveled 225 nm and used 22 gallons of diesel.

Since returning home I have been looking up ship's names on the master register.
Go to : www.e-ship.net/index/T6.shtml for information on any of the ships we have seen on this voyage. On the home page there is a distance calculator for ocean ports that you can use. More fun options for all my readers.