Sunday, September 21, 2008

Martin Slough to St. Helens

18 Sept 2008 Thursday

Larry on Starship and I spend the overcast morning talking about cruising different places we have been. He delivers vessels up the coast from time to time and is very knowledgeable about the Columbia River bar or the graveyard of the pacific, as it is called. The misting finally stops so after lunch I decide to take off for St. Helens Or. where I have a date to have some maintenance done on Shatoosh's engine.

I depart at 1330 and when I reach the Columbia river it is calm, cloudy and no wind. I love it.

I see an outbound ship the New Emminence from Panama coming around Sand Island. I head over to the city guest dock and pump out my holding tank. There are quite a few sturgeon fisherman with some in the bag. Then cut back down river and tie up on Sand Island for the night. I'm directly across from MayDay Marine where I will have Mike do the engine work tomorrow.

Its 1515 and I have traveled 8nm and a total of 214nm.