Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lay Days at Carrolls Channel Cottonwood Island

6 and 7 September Saturday and Sunday

The mornings are foggy and overcast but clearing by noon. I spend both days, cleaning and organizing, taking Pashmina ashore and rowing around. I'm learning about my new cell phone, checking on my emails, finding my blog on the web and checking out my gps positions with the navigator. I'm amazed the islands are shown on the River while they are not named they have the correct shape. I scroll down river to see my future destinations and even cruise out over the bar and up the Washington Coast. What wonderful techology. I'm going to like this new phone: an LG EN V2.
I see 2 deer, osprey, Canada geese, eagles and the flocks of merganzers are back. I did not see my muskrat friends. They were so much fun.




The v-berth is comfy with shelving along both sides. I have a small tv tray for a table to save on space.
The galley has a 2 burner Swedish alcohol stove. The new price of 1 gallon of alcohol is $30.00 at West Marine. Outrageous.




I have just noticed an orb on the hand towel in the galley. Enlarge to see.
The aft cabin is waiting for my crew to arrive in Cathlamet.















Evening descends into Carrolls Channel and I begin taking pictures looking for orbs. I'm in luck the place is crawling with them. Naturally, it is a waxing Harvest Moon. The 2 dark photos show the top one without orbs and the bottom one with interesting orbs on the right side. Dbl Ck to see.