Monday, September 22, 2008

Meeting Linda in Cathlamet Wa



11 September 2008 Thursday




I fly my flag today in remembrance of 911. I was on Shatoosh that tragic day and I was on the Georgiana Slough in the Delta at Oxbow Marina waiting for Jean to fly into Sacramento to join me cruising. She arrived several days later.


As I am weighing anchor I hear the chain slipping along the shank and when I get up to the roller the anchor is upside down and the chain wrapped around the flukes. I have to climb out on the deck and untangle it all. After stowing the rode and chain I depart Wallace slough anchorage at 0845. This has been a sweet anchorage and a nice beach area. At 0945 I pick up an unusual east wind with a following sea downriver for a change at Puget Island. I decide on a course change and cut between Puget Island and Coffee Pot Island at the Waikiakum Ferry dock. The water is shallow here so I'm careful and go slow. Lots of houses along the shore. I re-enter the Columbia river after Coffee Pot island and pass the inbound ship Ken Rei from Port Villa, Vanuatu. At 1100 I'm tied up at the marina in Cathlamet.


I grab a burger at the marina coffee shop, which was good. Linda arrives after lunch and we select a perfect RV site #8 overlooking the slough. There is a nice tree to shade her rig and her cat, Tux. We take Pashmina up the Elochoman Slough and see all the new houses with their private docks. Really uptown. We head into town for dinner and its my treat as I missed Linda's birthday last week. We have tea and talk after dinner and as usual head to bed early.


Days run 15.6 nm


Total 73.8