Monday, October 13, 2008

Meet Udo and Bev Aboard Its Mee


I met Its Mee back in 2004 at Martin Slough when they pulled in next to me at the dock. We had a sunny, nice afternoon of story telling and getting to know each other. Udo, the captain escaped East Germany as a teenager and came to America. He often takes Its Mee north to the San Juan Islands and BC and does a lot of fishing. He is a fascinating guy with lots of boating skills. Bev, I found to be really a fun loving person who understands many spiritual avenues and does Reiki. Need I say anything more? But I will.
Later that summer I am returning from Cathlamet and make an overnight stopover at Walker Island Dock. During late afternoon I look up to see Its Mee pulling in. Gosh, I am excited to see them. Bev tells me about this wonderful new product she has been using on the windows to take off the water spots, it is called Spot X. The next morning after breakfast she is bounding across the dock with her yellow gloves on to start on my windows. Another generous boater who can't wait to help me out. I love it. She does the front windows and then hands over her gloves for me to finish the job. Boy the windows look like new. I clean things up and walk over to return everything. Bev slides open the galley window and is sitting on the sink soaking her feet for her early morning pedicure, I suspect. This is one gal I like. Footloose and Fancy Free.
I continue to see them on the river, but somehow it is never often enough. My windows are dirty again. Bev, where are you?