Monday, October 13, 2008

Meet Carol and Steve onboard Knot Enuf

I met Steve and Carol in Martin Slough in 2006 and hit it right off with them. What a delightful couple; it was my lucky day!

They live aboard their beautiful cruiser Knot Enuf in Kalama, Wa. I run into them on the river, as well as in Kalama, when I stop to pump out, pick up crew or have to make a run to the grocery store. They are always so upbeat, helpful and full of river knowledge.

As you can see from the photo Carol even has a sewing machine onboard, as she is an ardent quilter. This really impressed me and I made the comment that I had never sewn my curtains on Shatoosh. They still have pins in them and I am always nicking my fingers as I slide open the curtains. In a flash she was over on Shatoosh dismantling my curtains and sewing up a storm. What a generous person I thought. I always seem to have the great fortune of meeting such wonderful, generous people.

One evening I was docking on Coon Island during blackberry season. Knot Enuf was tied up on opposite side of the island. Steve is circumnavigating the island in his dinghy and sees me. I'm just in time for blackberry cobbler, he yells at me. I undock and tie up behind them for a delicious dessert and company for the evening. How great is this?

I always look forward to seeing them on the river.