Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Fabulous Crew- Conrad and Juanita

26 July 2008

Conrad and Juanita own the Cheryl Lee, which they built in their backyard. I met them at Oxbow Marina and we became fast friends. They have had a tremendous impact on my life in the Delta. They fiberglassed my cabin top, with my minor assistance, he fabricated a unique folding system for my bench seat, converting it into a
" Murphy type bed" for easy access to my engine and they were the primary reason I am cruising the Columbia River today. They had spent many years cruising it and thought I would Love it. I am forever grateful to them. We shared many striper meals and hung out in the evenings in their flybridge watching all the barn owls go hunting at night. Once they trailered the Cheryl Lee up to Puget Sound and I explored the south sound with them. I really miss them.