Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kalama WA to pick up Linda


18 July 2008 Friday
Its overcast in the morning, but clears by noon. There has been a slight wind since anchoring yesterday. I have been on the cell phone coordinating with Linda who will be joining me for the first time to cruise overnight. I have decided it would be best to take her to Martin Slough for a peaceful night's anchorage, no wind and flat waters in the lagoon. She has gotten a late start but does arrive at the Kalama Marina on the Washington side by 1845hrs. We have a nice run back up river and tie up in Marin Slough. I quickly get the galley open and throw on the salmon Linda has brought. I add corn and asparagus and we have a wonderful meal in nothing flat. The sky is clear so we set our eyes on that glorious moon again. It is a bright orange ball in the night's sky. Breath taking for sure. We top off our evening with hot tea and talk in the warm main cabin below. Linda gets introduced to the aft cabin and its coziness. She sleeps in some the next morning. My squeaky cabin floors makes certain no one sleeps in too long.