Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Surprising Comment Greets Me This Morning

Hells Canyon said...

Good morning, Hira -
This blog is fascinating! You have a beautiful trip planned from Clarkston, WA to Scappoose Bay, OR. The gorge is most definitely a breathtaking piece of living history. You may also want to check out Hells Canyon (the deepest gorge in north America) when you arrive here in Clarkston. We can help you find several ways to see it by air and water.

We would love the opportunity to meet you and your crew when you begin your trip in our area. When are you planning to launch? We have a lot of information about what's happening in the area on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook/HellsCanyonVisitorBureau) and invite you to take a look, maybe even post a few images of your trip through our area so others can become acquainted with your blog - I think it's worth the share.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance, and be sure to stop in when you arrive.

@HellsCanyon

Boy, was I surprised! I don't know how they found my blog, but kudos to them. They certainly sound like they are on the ball. I had toyed with the thought of renting a jet boat excursion out of Hells Gate Marina while we were in the area and after looking at some of the ads, I feel that it will be a must to do. Several years ago, I rafted the Salmon and came down part of the Snake river, but hauled out above the Hell's Gate area. The whole area is really fascinating to explore. I am getting excited.