Sunday, January 26, 2014

Looking For Crew: Part 2

I have heard from several Albin owners who would love to fly across country, get out of the snow and cold, jump on board Shatoosh and enjoy our adventures, but they did not think their wives would let them come.
Some thought that I should continue cruising until the end no matter what. I also heard from 2 boat owners who are contemplating  a Snake and Columbia River run like I did in 2010. Winter storms make for good cruise dreaming and planning. Spring and summer make dreams a reality.

As I look forward to this summer's cruises I have lots of options, so many it makes my head spin. I do have a friend who might like to take a cruise again. I call him "Back-up Billy". He has back-ups for the "back-ups". He might become my generic "back-up crew". Call when in a pinch. When I was in high school I had a back-up boyfriend. I only went with him when I didn't have a real boyfriend. Actually I am not in a pinch, nor do I need a boyfriend, so all you wives out there do not need to worry, but I do like to take people for a cruise when they are boat-less and have a hankering for adventure. He is already on my crew wanna-be list.

Do You Recognize Him?                                    
Yes, "Back-up Billy", is really "Too Tall Tom".  While he pretended to be a bit grumpy in this picture, he is always funny and keeps me laughing. Now that he is boat-less, I asked him if he would be interested in some summer cruising. He took the bait, hook, line and sinker. We are tossing around cruising possibilities so stay tuned to see which islands we will hop to.