Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Abouts of Skol and Sabra?

My buddy, Too Tall Tom, used to own, Skol, an Albin 25 sail version, built in 1974. He berthed her out in the Sacramento delta at Oxbow Marina on the Georgiana Slough. He sold her several years ago and now, he has discovered that she was sold again and was recently trucked commerically to Washington State. Since it is somewhere in my home vacinity, he was hoping to find her and her new location. Anyone knowing her whereabouts, please let me know.







There is something about being in love with your favorite boat and keeping tabs on her whereabouts. I often, think of my Swan 36, Sabra, and wonder where is she berthed in Washington? I would love to find her, go onboard again and relive all my memories of her. I see myself running my hand over her beautiful teak trim, smell her fragrance and remember the first time I laid eyes on her. It was love at first sight and if I ever saw her again, she would take my breath away. With every Latitude 48 I pick up, I look at the for sale section, with hopes of finding my old love. I never give up looking, so if anyone runs across a 1969 Swan 36, please let me know.


Too Tall Tom and I have been looking for our loves in all the wrong places. Somewhere, in some Washington marina, Skol and Sabra are berthed. Help us find them.