Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lady Washington vs. The Hawaiian Chieftain

Ann and I will be boarding one of these boats next monday 14 Sept- 16 Sept. I hope to get on the Hawaiian Chieftain with all my Hawaiian boating background. However, either one will be fine. We are sailing 1400 hrs from Port Townsend WA heading west out the Straits of Juan de Fuca and turning to port after Cape Flattery and sailing down the coast to Grays Harbor and to the port of Aberdeen. We should be arriving in the evening on the 16th.

I'm home in Puyallup getting ready: packing up my survival suit I used in 1982 on our pacific crossing, getting out some dusty sailing gloves and sending out prayers for sunny weather and fair skies and winds. We need some wind to make these ships sail. I have decided to write my blog up after I return, so I can focus on my adventure.


My vista print orders have come through with a
new hat and log book. Vista print offers many free items
and all you have to do is pay for shipping. See: vistaprint.com