Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall Comes to Scappoose

10 November 2008
I made a quick trip to Shatoosh today to take care of some pre winter care; pumping out the fresh water tank, hooking up the cockpit dehumidifier, closing seacocks, and stowing items and organizing books.

The drive down was spectacular, breath taking vistas of the fall colors coming to a close, lots of migratory birds, Canada Geese and Sandhill Cranes filling the skies as they descend on Sauvie Island. It literally stops one in their tracks, as the skies are filled with hundreds of v-shaped flocks criss crossing overhead. The noise of their calls, deafening, as I meandered over to have brunch at Marks on the River which is a floating restaurant at my old marina, McCuddys on the Multnomah Channel.

I took some shots on my cell phone of some interesting boats along the way. Thought you might like to see some cutey pies.


This is called (.calm) and is a new vessel in Scappoose Moorage. It is about 25 ft. I love the name and the dot is painted in bright blue. Get it?










A really nice Fisher 25. Fisher is made in England and if I were ever to get back into sailboats I would get a Fisher 30.










This is Mis-Adventures a very nicely refurbished Tolley Craft.












A nice looking Arima 21 ft.