Monday, November 3, 2008

Beacon Rock to Rooster Rock



19 June Sat: I decided with the arrival of early morning wind, we should depart early and try to see if we can get up to the dam, check it out and then return for breakfast. So we depart at 0630 heading out of the cove and into a windless wall of current. We start out at 4 knots then gradually dwindle to 1.3 knots and not making any headway. I abort the plan and upon turning around we are clicking along at 12 knots. We return to the dock and I fix breakfast. At 0925 we depart Beacon Rock again and head east to Rooster Rock with an ETA 1110. We pull in and get our spot, there are no boats. Later as the day passed many people came to the park to fish, canoe, swim, water ski and Care and I took another day of reading, napping and putting my Oregon stickers on the boat. Now I am legal on both sides of the boat. We had put the starboard numbers on while docked at Bartlett landing. The wind never came up that day. Everyone left and we had the cove to ourselves with one other boat on the floating pier.
Total miles: 61.7NM.