Friday, November 4, 2011

Sticks and Stones

Reflections
 1-3 November 2011
Jean joins me again and while I am taking her to McMicken Island, I am hoping I can pull myself away long enough to circumnavigate Harstene Island.  Morning fog breaks for us as we set off  to see my favorite island in the sound. The next day we pick up a buoy in Jarrel's Cove on the west end and for both nights and days we have the whole places to our selves. There is something to be said about fall and winter cruising; it is quiet, serene, breath taking and solitude seeps deep within our skin.

Jean picks up the buoy at McMicken
Space Between The Reflection and The Image




Stairs to Where?


Barnacles High and Dry

Clean Docking Lines

Mosaic of Stones


Big Leaf Maple













A Curve of Time

Serene Anchorage


My Lips are Sealed.

Deer Tracks

















X Marks The Spot

Y Knot

Shatoosh,  Jarrel's Cove, Harstene Island

Jean and P2- Getting to Know One Another

Jean, a happy boater.

Salmon-Feta-Spinach Pin Wheels

Orbs, Jarrel's Cove

More Orbs

Orbs

Morning, Jarrel's Cove

Sqauxin Island

Day 1-to McMicken

Day 2 to Jarrel's Cove

Day 3 Return to Zittel's Marina


Purple Jelly Fish Swimming Past Pashmina 2

Total Run: 26 nm